Fluffy chocolate protein waffles, drizzled in Biscoff and topped with sliced strawberries.
The perfect weekend breakfast is coming your way! I recently invested in a waffle maker and it’s such a great way to make a quick and easy breakfast brunch and less faff than pancakes in my opinion!
Perfectly light and fluffy, these waffles will set you up for a great weekend ahead!
I have added some chocolate protein powder into these to boost the protein to 23g per serving, but you can easily miss this out and sub for extra flour.
Let me know if you give these a try by commenting below or tagging me on instagram @sarahshealthykitchen
Chocolate Protein WafflesCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
Fluffy chocolate protein waffles, drizzled in Biscoff and topped with sliced strawberries
50g self raising flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
25g chocolate protein powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 large egg
120ml unsweetened almond milk
40g Biscoff spread (or Nutella/Peanut butter)
80g strawberries, sliced
- Make sure the waffle maker is preheated and lightly greased.
- Add all the waffle ingredients together and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Slowly pour half the batter into the waffle maker and close the lid. Cook for around 5 minutes until risen and fluffy.
- Melt the Biscoff spread gently in the microwave, then drizzle over the top and add the sliced strawberries
- Per serving: Kcal 441 Carbs 46 Fat 18 Protein 23