A super simple mid week meal ready in 20 minutes!
When you need a speedy dinner, this recipe has got you covered! Just 4 main ingredients;
- Spaghetti (or any pasta)
- Frozen garden peas
- Creme fraiche
There’s not much to say about this recipe other than it’s got your back when you want something speedy and delicious. I love serving mine with a good sprinkle of parmesan too!
Don’t feel you have to use spaghetti this would work well with any dried pasta you have in your cupboards! It can also easily be doubled or halved to suit you requirements.
Creamy Mushroom & Pea Spaghetti
140g dry spaghetti
250g chestnut mushrooms
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried thyme
100g frozen garden peas
200g reduced fat creme fraiche
- Cook the spaghetti as per packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, spray a large saucepan with olive oil spray, add the chopped mushrooms and sautee for 5 minutes until soft and juices released.
- Add the frozen peas and stir through, followed by the garlic and thyme. Cook until peas are thawed.
- Once the pasta is cooked, reserve 2 tbsp of pasta water before draining the spaghetti and adding to the pan. Add the reserved pasta water, creme fraiche and a good pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir through until everything is coated and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of grated parmesan.
- Kcal 475 Carbs 60 Fat 28 Protein 15
- Spaghetti can be subbed for any pasta of choice