Delicious single serve vegan chocolate lava cake filled with a gooey salted caramel.
I shared a little recipe test on my Instagram stories of this and you guys went CRAZY for it! So here I am, giving you guys what you want. I also had a lot of requests for this to be vegan so I went ahead and did that too.
If you’re not vegan and would like an alternative option, I also like to use Carnation caramel in the centre or Nutella!
With Valentines day around the corner this gooey chocolate lava cake makes the perfect indulgent dessert. Made to serve one, because not everyone needs two lava cakes, but the quantities can easily be doubled to make two delicious desserts!
The homemade caramel is super simple, the combination of peanut butter, maple syrup and a drop of vanilla extract really gives an amazing caramel flavour. I also like to add a pinch of salt if my peanut butter isn’t salted!
Vegan Caramel Filled Chocolate Lava CakeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Delicious, single serve vegan chocolate lava cake filled with a gooey salted caramel.
4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp cider vinegar
15g vegan butter (Flora Original)
15g golden caster sugar
25g self raising flour
10g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
For the caramel-
10g peanut butter
2 tsp maple syrup
Drop of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°c. Lightly grease a non stick dariole mould with butter and dust the surface lightly with cocoa powder to cover the inside.
- Make the caramel, mix the peanut butter, maple syrup and a drop of vanilla extract then set aside.
- Add the milk and vinegar to a bowl and whisk to combine then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave, add the sugar and mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Add the self raising flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda and mix until smooth.
- Spoon 3/4 of the mixture into the prepared mould. Add the caramel, then spoon over the remaining mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until just set but gooey in the middle.
- Prep these ahead of time and store covered in the fridge up to 1 day before.
- Per serving: Kcal 384 Fat 18.9 Carbs 44.6 Protein 7.1