Healthier creme egg brownies, made with ripe bananas and mini creme eggs. 126 calories per serving.
Easter baking is my favourite, there’s something about easter chocolate that makes baking that but more fun and indulgent!
Based on my popular Oreo Brownie Recipe, I’ve adapted it to make a fun easter treat! While they’re definitely some more indulgent bakes on my site, sometimes I like to make healthier versions by swapping out the usual ingredients for lighter alternatives. I like using my left over bananas in my baking a lot as they massively reduce calories in recipe and can be used instead of some of the fats like butter in a recipe. I also used mini creme eggs instead of the full size, I actually think they look quite cute!
Let me know if you give these a try, I would love to hear your feedback! Happy Easter!
Healthy Creme Egg BrowniesCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
A healthier creme egg brownie recipe. Using mini Creme eggs.
2 medium ripe bananas
100g smooth peanut butter
50g soft light brown sugar
1 large egg
35g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
6 mini creme eggs
- Place the mini creme eggs in the freezer for 1 hour (optional)
- Once frozen, cut each egg in half then place to one side.
- Preheat oven to 180°c and line a 20x20cm brownie tin with parchment
- Mash the bananas with a fork until pureed and most of the lumps are gone. Add the peanut butter, followed by the brown sugar, and mix well.
- Beat in the egg until really well combined and the mixture has turned pale and has a little more volume to it.
- Fold through the cocoa powder and baking powder and mix until fully combined
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, levelling out with the back of a spoon. Then press each creme egg half into the mixture, spacing them out evenly.
- Bake for 20 mins, then remove from the oven and allow to cool fully in the tin.
- Once cool remove from the tin and serve.
- Kcal 126 F 6.1 C 13.4 P3.9