Creamy, high protein, vegan chick’n & cauliflower curry
I’m back with another hearty recipe for you try! Vegan chicken and cauliflower, cooked in a delicious creamy coconut sauce.
I love a creamy curry, and this recipe is certainly that! The addition of coconut milk and peanut butter take this to another level of indulgence. I sometimes swap out coconut milk for light coconut milk in recipes but this needs the higher fat content to achieve that thicker, creamy texture.
The sauce of this recipe can be used with any kind of filling of your choice, I’ve used a chicken alternative called ‘This isn’t chicken’ and cauliflower. If you wanted to try an alternative, try some lentils, chickpeas or sweet potato?
I served mine with my 2 ingredient flatbreads! They are great for dipping and using as a spoon! You can find the recipe here. All you need for them is
- yogurt (this can be dairy free)
Once the dough is prepped you can cook them while the curry is simmering. Alternatively if you want something a little fancier and have some yeast then my naan bread recipe is great addition too!
As always, let me know if you give this a try and what you think in the comments below!
Vegan Creamy Chick’n & Cauliflower CurryCourse: Mains, VeganDifficulty: Easy
Creamy, high protein, vegan butter chiken & cauliflower curry’
1 red onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 x 190g pack vegan chicken (I used This isn’t chicken)
60g tomato puree
1 tbsp garam masala
2 tsp medium curry powder
50g red thai curry paste
25g smooth peanut butter
1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
1 small cauliflower floret, chopped into small florets
- Spray a large saucepan with olive oil spray and place over a medium heat, add the diced onion and sautee until soft, then add the chicken pieces and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir through the garam masala, curry powder, tomato puree, peanut butter and thai curry paste and cook for a further minute before pouring in the coconut milk and adding the cauliflower floret. Stir until smooth and combined.
- Bring to a gentle simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the cauliflower has just started to soften.
- Serve with your choice of rice and naan or flatbreads.
- Don’t want to use vegan chicken? Simply sub for a 400g can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- Kcal 345 Fat 23.1 Carbs 25.3 Protein 24.6