Fudgey 155 calorie Vegan Oreo brownies.
I’ve veganised my ‘skinny Oreo brownie recipe’. As Veganuary is in full swing and more and more people are trying a plant based diet, I wanted to ensure I’ve got you covered!
These brownies, are fudgey, moist and definitely not crumbly! One thing that always surprised me was that Oreos are vegan, along with Biscoff creme biscuits and bourbons! You can use any of these as an alternative in this recipe. I’ve actually made this recipe with a mixture of biscuits too.
If you are new to vegan baking here’s a few tips I’ve learnt along the way.
- Invest in a good vegan butter
- High quality dairy free chocolate
- Egg alternatives; mashed banana, flax egg
One tip for this recipe is to let the brownies cool completely before cutting, this ensures you get a nice clean cut and do not crumble. I like to pop mine in the fridge for an hour or so before cutting.
Vegan Oreo browniesCourse: Dessert, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
Fudgey low calorie vegan Oreo brownies.
150g dairy free dark chocolate
140g light muscovado sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g soy yogurt
200ml unsweetened almond milk
35g cocoa powder
150g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°c. Grease and line a 20x20cm tin with parchment.
- Break the chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat gently for 10-20 second increments until just melted, stir and set aside.
- In a separate bowl add the cocoa powder, flour, bicarbonate soda and salt and stir to combine.
- To the melted chocolate, add the sugar, yogurt and vanilla extract and beat for 2-3 minutes until really well combined.
- Stir through the milk, followed by the flour mixture until a thick batter forms.
- Spoon into the prepared tin, chop the Oreos into halves and quarters and press into the top of the mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 10-15 mins in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool slice into 16 pieces.
- Almond milk can be substituted for any milk.
- Oreos can be subbed for any vegan biscuits.