I was very lucky to receive a PR delivery from Planet Organic to celebrate the launch of their nationwide delivery service. I love Planet Organic’s ethos “To us, health means providing organic, natural and sustainable products that you can trust, advice and guidance from trained experts, and acting sustainably and ethically as a business. “
In the delivery was a variety of organic goodies, which I was thrilled to receive as I am now so conscious about where my food comes from and also adopting a plant based diet. I was excited to try some new products I’d never tried before like Golden greens pulled oats ‘tomato veggie mince’ as an alternative to beef mince.
I made their veggie bolognese recipe which not only was simple and ready in under 20 minutes, the sauce was rich and the oats have an amazing meat like texture, I’m seriously impressed! It also packs in a decent amount of protein at 22.3g per serving of bolognese recipe.
I paired the bolognese with Sharpham Park organic spelt pasta, again received on my Planet Organic delivery.
If you would like to place an order with Planet Organic, check out their website here
Pulled oat BologneseCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
A delicious high protein vegan pulled oat bolognese
1/2 tbsp olive oil
small red onion , diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 bay leaves
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried basil
1 x 170g pack golden greens tomato pulled oats
70g tomato puree
1 vegetable stock cube
150g cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
300g white spelt pasta
To serve (optional)
Fresh basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the diced onion and fry for 3-4. minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the bay leaves, dry oregano, dry basil and cook for a further minute, then add the pulled oats, tomato puree and crumbled stock cube. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the passata, balsamic vinegar and quartered cherry tomatoes. Mix all together and simmer 15-20 minutes until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per packet instructions
- Serve the bolognese on a bed of pasta, topped with parmesan and fresh basil.