Now the mornings are getting chillier I am adding some autumnal vibes to my baked oats.
I love making baked oats for me and my boyfriend on the weekend. There’s something so nice about sharing breakfast together and making our weekend plans.
I used a Granny Smith apple, but any kind of apple will work, cooking apples will be softer. I made sure I chopped the apple small so it softened in the 20 minute cooking time.
I loved adding a sprinkle of dermara sugar to the top, before going I the oven. It caramelised the top and really added to the overall apple pie flavour. It’s not essential you do this but for the few extra calories it’s so tasty!
Apple pie baked oatsCourse: Breakfast, VeganDifficulty: Easy
Apple pie baked oats, flavoured with cinnamon.
100g rolled oats
1 large apple
100g egg whites
100ml unsweetened almond milk
50ml maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp Demerara sugar (optional)
- Pre heat the oven to 180°c and spray a skillet or baking dish with oil spray.
- Peel and core the apple, then dice into small cubes.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl apart from the Demerara sugar and stir to combine.
- Spoon into the skillet and sprinkle over the tsp of sugar, if using.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving. I topped mine with greek yogurt and chopped pecans.