I created this recipe after noticing we had some blueberries in the fridge that needed eating. We buy fresh berries every week but sometimes we can’t get through them all by the ‘best before’ dates so I decided to throw the last few that needed eating in these lemon and blueberry muffins and they were so delicious!
When creating this recipe, I knew I wanted to make it small batch because so many of you commented on my instagram stories saying you want small batch baking recipes, and I get it, you don’t want a full batch of baking in the house that’s only going to last three days because we all know, we don’t stop at one! So this recipe is perfect it makes 6 perfectly fluffy muffins.
Lemon & blueberry muffinsCourse: Dessert, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
Perfectly fluffy, low calorie, lemon and blueberry muffins.
60g Lurkpak lighter margarine
60g caster sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of half a lemon
1 medium egg
75ml semi skimmed milk
150g self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, and mix again until fully combined.
- Mix in the milk, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add the flour and baking powder and stir until just combined.
- Finally, add in the blueberries. Stir to distribute them as evenly as possible.
- Divide the mixture between 6 muffin cases in a muffin tin, then bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.