These are serious bad boys, I mean like SO good! Yes I used banana in these, can you taste it… no! These are dense fudgey with that amazing chewy brownie texture.
I made these last weekend to take over to my friends for dessert… they went down a treat is all I can say!
Rolo caramel browniesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
A healthy twist on a caramel brownies, made with ripe bananas and stuffed with Rolos and caramel.
180g ripe banana
100g coconut oil, melted
200g light brown sugar
300g plain all purpose flour
50g cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
100ml unsweetened almond milk
100g Carnation caramel
- Preheat oven to 170c and like a 20x20cm tin with parchment.
- Mash the bananas, then add the melted coconut oil and sugar and beat for 2-3 minutes until really well combined.
- In a separate large bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder and stir through.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredient bowl, followed by the milk and fold everything together (this will take a few minutes)
- Spoon 3/4 of the mixture into the prepared tin, then scatter the Rolos over, followed by teaspoons on caramel so they’re evenly distributed.
- Spoon over the remaining mixture so it just covers the Rolos and caramel.
- Bake for 25 minutes until just baked through. Allow to cool FULLY in the tin before removing from the fridge. Then refrigerate for 1 hour so they cut neatly or tuck in once cool