I love the simplicity of this recipe and you’ll be pleased to know there are no weird ingredients or hidden fruit or veg in these.
They taste incredibly indulgent and have the perfect fudge texture we all love in a brownie. I added chunks of my favourite protein bar from Barebells to boost the protein content to 8g per serving, but you can chop any protein bar or even a Mars Bar to get the same effect.
Let me know if you give this one a try by tagging me in Facebook and Instagram!
Chocolate protein browniesCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
Healthy protein brownie recipe
100g unsalted butter, softened
50g almond butter
75g maple syrup
90g egg whites
50g cocoa powder
100g oat flour*
50ml milk of choice (I used some of my Barebells chocolate milkshake)
1 protein bar chopped into small chunks
- Preheat oven to 180°c and line a small square tin with parchment.
- Beat together the butter, almond butter and maple syrup. Once fully mixed in, beat in the egg whites for a minute.
- Fold in the cocoa powder and oat flour, followed by the protein bar chunks.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. The less time they have the more gooey they are. Mine took around 12 minutes so check after 10 minutes then every 2 minutes after that.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before cutting into 9 squares.
- I used a small square tin. If you don’t have one, use a loaf tin, as this is a smaller batch recipe.
- You can make the oat flour by blitzing rolled oats in a blender. Use gluten free oats to make these gluten free.