We all have those times when we are craving something indulgent and we have nothing in the cupboards. We don’t necessarily want a full batch of bakes in the house just something to satisfy those cravings now… well this is there recipe you need! A gooey chocolate brownie with chunks of milk chocolate. I served mine with scoop of ice-cream too for extra indulgence.
Emergency brownie for 2Course: DessertDifficulty: Easy
A healthy emergency brownie recipe made with banana, peanut butter and cocoa powder.
1 ripe banana
1 tbsp sweetener*
30g peanut butter
10g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
20g milk chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and spray a small skillet or baking tin with oil spray.
- Mash the banana, then add the sweetener and peanut butter and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and chocolate chunks then fold together (the batter will be quite runny)
- Spoon into prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes until just set.
- * I use Natvia sweetener which is made for baking. This can be subbed for caster/coconut or light brown sugar
- Cooking times might vary depending on size of tin used. I recommend using a small skillet or 2 ramekins.
- To make this suitable for vegans use dairy free milk chocolate.