These were the result of having very ripe bananas sitting in my fruit bowl. I put a poll on my Instagram stories and you guys wanted banana flapjacks!
This recipe couldn’t be simpler, made with just 5 ingredients:
- Golden syrup or honey
- Ripe bananas
- Chopped dark chocolate
The texture is dense and soft, just how I like my flapjacks. They remind me of the flapjack bites you get in most supermarkets… thats how soft they are!
I used a fruit based golden syrup by Sweet Freedom but you use any golden syrup or honey. You can also make these vegan by using a good vegan butter, I like Vitalite.
I used a 50/50 mix of rolled and jumbo oats. I love adding chunky jumbo oats to flapjacks but its not necessary if you don’t have them in your pantry.
Chocolate chunk banana flapjackCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
A healthy chocolate chunk banana flapjack recipe made with 5 simple ingredients.
2 ripe bananas
130g unsalted butter
100g golden syrup
250g oats (I used a mixture of rolled and jumbo)
80g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°c, then grease and line a square tin.
- Mash the bananas with a fork then melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave. Pour the melted butter and golden syrup into bowl with the bananas and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the oats and mix until all the oats are coated, finally add your chopped chocolate and fold through.
- Spoon into prepared tin and bake for 20-25minutes. Allow to cool fully before slicing into 12 squares.
- Sub butter for a dairy free variety to make this vegan.