This is the perfect midweek meal, ready in under 15 minutes. It really is simple! It packs in over 43g protein and 10g fibre!
This recipe uses basic ingredients and packs in incredible flavour. Firstly cooking off onion and garlic then adding tomato puree and dried oregano, a simple Italian inspired combination. The bacon and feta add a delicious saltiness and greek yogurt is used to bring the dish together and make it creamy.
The bacon can easily be omitted for a vegetarian option as the the feta adds enough flavour.
Creamy lentils with bacon, peas and fetaCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
A quick and easy dinner recipe. Tomatoey lentils with bacon, peas and feta.
half a red onion
2 cloves of garlic
4 bacon medallions
250g cooked Puy lentils
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp tomato puree
80g petit pois
tbsp balsamic vinegar
100g fat free greek yogurt
salt and pepper
40g feta cheese
- Dice the onion and mince the garlic, then place a large saucepan on a medium heat and spray with oil spray.
- Add the onion and sauté for a couple of minutes until starting to soften then add the garlic and chopped bacon pieces, stir until bacon is cooked, then add the tomato puree, oregano, balsamic vinegar and peas and stir again.
- Add the cooked lentils and cook for 2-3 minutes until warmed through.
- Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper and stir through the yogurt.
- Serve on a bed of spinach leaves and crumbled feta.
- Omit the bacon for a veggie option.