These blondies are perfectly moist with a fudgey texture.
I absolutely love this classic flavour combo, white chocolate and raspberry, its a match made in heaven. I used combination of dark brown sugar and caster sugar to add a subtle caramel flavour and a chewy texture.
I baked these for my friends birthday, we met in the park for a socially distanced walk and I packed a few in a cellophane bag tied with ribbon as part of her gift.
Let me know if you give this a go by tagging me on Instagram and Facebook.
White chocolate & raspberry blondiesCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
Raspberry and white chocolate blondies
100g unsalted butter
100g dark brown soft sugar
150g caster sugar
150g greek yogurt
3 tbsp golden syrup
6 tbsp semi skimmed milk
225g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
100g frozen raspberries
150g white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and line a 20 x 20cm square tin with parchment.
- Add the butter to a microwaveable safe bowl and heat in the microwave in short increments until melted. Add the sugars and beat with a spoon for a couple of minutes until really well incorporated.
- Add the yogurt and golden syrup and beat again for a couple of minutes until paled.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix through. Add the wet ingredients followed by the milk and fold together until fully combined.
- Finally fold through the raspberries and chopped white chocolate until evenly distributed.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and even out with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 30 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin for 20 minutes before removing and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Best stored in an air tight container in the fridge.
- To make this dairy free- substitute the butter and yogurt for dairy free plain yogurt (250g dairy free plain yogurt in total). Use dairy free milk and dairy free white chocolate.
- Golden syrup can be substituted for maple syrup or other liquid sweetener.