There’s something so satisfying about baking your own snacks and these biscuits were a definite hit in my house! They make 8 large biscuits but they won’t last long!
I made these gluten and dairy free for a friend of mine who rarely has sweet treats because of their intolerances.
To make them gluten free I used free from oats, blitzed half in my blender to make a flour and used half as whole oats to add that nice oats texture.
I used demerara sugar to make these biscuits crisp! To be honest they are sort of a biscuit/cookie hybrid but I would say more biscuit than cookie.
Let me know if you give these a go by tagging me on Instagram and Facebook!
Double chocolate oat biscuitsCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
Crisp chocolate chip oat biscuits, that are also gluten free and vegan.
75g coconut oil, melted
90g demerara sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
180g rolled oats (I used GF)
15g cocoa powder
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp oat milk
50g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a large baking tray with parchment.
- Blitz half the oats in a blender until a fine flour forms.
- Add the melted coconut oil to a bowl, followed by the sugar and vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
- Add the oat flour, oats, bicarbonate of soda, salt, milk and chocolate chips, then mix until a thick cookie dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 8 even balls and shape into discs and space out onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until crisp. Allow to cool on the tray for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 90g plan flour and 90g oats can be used instead of oat flour and oats.