I was really craving tall bakery style muffins at the weekend so I was straight in the kitchen to come up with something to satisfy my cravings.
I am obsessed with the soft, fluffy texture of these muffins! I’m definitely going to try different flavour combinations with this recipe. For these I used frozen raspberries and then drizzled over white chocolate, it’s one of my favourite combos!
Now the secret to getting those tall bakery style muffins… bake for the first 2 minutes in a hot oven (200°c) and then turn down to 180°c for the reminder time. The initial heat makes the muffins rise tall.
Let me know if you give these a go by tagging me in Instagram and Facebook.
Bakery style raspberry and white chocolate muffinsCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
Tall, fluffy raspberry muffins with a white chocolate drizzle.
75g unsalted butter
60g maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
120g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
70ml semi skimmed milk
100g frozen raspberries
25g white chocolate, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 200°c and line a 6 hole muffin tray with liners.
- Add the flour, salt, bicarb and baking powder to a bowl and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the butter and heat in the microwave until melted, add the maple syrup and whisk until combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, whisk again for a minute until foamy.
- Tip in the flour mixture and using a spoon, fold until a thick batter forms. Gradually add the milk, stirring at the same time until the mixture has loosened.
- Finally fold through the raspberries until evenly distributed. Spoon the mixture evenly between the muffin liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for a couple of minutes then carefully transfer each muffin to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate, then drizzle over each muffin.