What decadent treat these are, you really can’t beat cookie cups oozing with caramel! I eating mine warm with an extra drizzle of caramel sauce.
I opted to use oat flour in this recipe as I know some people still can’t find this in the shops but you can use plain flour too.
Caramel cookie cupsCourse: snacksDifficulty: medium
Caramel cookie cups
60g unsalted butter
90g light brown sugar
1 medium egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g oat flour (rolled oats blitzed into a flour)
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
75g dark chocolate chips
60g carnation caramel
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160°c and grease a 6 hole muffin tin.
- Melt the butter then add to a bowl with the sugar and beat with an electric whisk for a couple of minutes. Then add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk again until combined.
- Add the oat flour, bicarb, salt and chocolate chips and fold the mixture until combined.
- Remove 1/4 of the dough and place to one side to make the lids. Split the remaining dough into 6 even balls. Press each one into the prepared tin, using your fingers to mould the dough up the sides.
- Place a tsp of caramel into each cup. Then finally split the remaining dough into 6 even balls again and shape each one into a to make a lid for each cookie cup. Press each lid onto the cookie cup to seal the edges.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Leave to cool fully in the tin before removing. Carefully run a knife round the edge of each cup to remove.
- Oat flour can be made by placing rolled oats in a blender and blitzing until a fine flour forms.
- These can be re heated for 10-15 seconds in the microwave.