Wow, these are my new favourite snack!
They’re crispy, oaty and studded with chunks of dark chocolate with an added protein hit. I used ‘The Good Guru’ Strawberry vegan protein powder and they are a taste sensation, strawberry and dark chocolate is an amazing combo! I can’t wait to experiment with more protein flavours.
I love the texture of these, they remind me of Hobnobs, but so much better! The smell that fills the house when I bake these is heavenly and feels so homely- you just can’t beat it!
These cookies are incredibly simple to make, literally whack everything in a bowl, stir and bake!
Let me know if you give these a go by tagging me on Instagram and Facebook.
Chocolate chunk protein cookiesCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
Crispy oat chocolate chunk protein cookies
125g plain flour
80g rolled oats
90g caster sugar
30g vegan protein powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
75g coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp oat milk
50g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170°c and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Add the flour, oats, sugar, protein and bicarb to a large bowl and mix through.
- Add the vanilla, melted coconut oil, oat milk and chocolate chunks and mix again until a thick cookie dough forms.
- Roll into 10 even balls (around 50g each) and space out onto the two trays. press down and shape each into discs.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until just turning golden.