What a perfect combination these are; tart cranberries, creamy sweet white chocolate.
I love making flapjacks, they remind me of my childhood when I would stay at my granny’s and we’d always bake flapjacks! There’s something so homely about baking flapjacks, I think it’s a bake that reminds us all of a past time, usually being with someone whilst baking or enjoying them.
I used jumbo oats in this recipe, they are the best for flapjacks, so try to use them over rolled oats if possible.
I made this recipe to fit a 2lb loaf tin, but this recipe can easily be doubled to fit in a 20x20cm tin if preferred, I was making it small batch whilst in lockdown!
Cranberry & white chocolate flapjackCourse: Snacks
Cranberry and white chocolate flapjack
115g unsalted butter
100g soft light brown sugar
3 tbsp maple syrup
200g jumbo oats
75g dried cranberries
100g white chocolate
- Preheat oven 160°c and line a 2lb loaf tin with parchment.
- Add the butter, sugar and maple syrup to a pan and heat on a low, stirring until the butter has melted.
- Remove from the heat, add the oats and cranberries and stir through.
- Melt 90g of white chocolate (saving the rest to drizzle) in the microwave in 5 second increments. Then pour the white chocolate into the pan and mix through.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and press down.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Allow to cool before removing from the tin.
- Melt the final 10g f white chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over.