Who’s missing having takeaways? This recipe is incredible simple and tastes even better than your local takeaway dish!
I love the simplicity of this dish, theres really no need for fancy ingredients to achieve amazing flavour. I was actually shocked dhoe good this dish turned out.
I think I mentioned in my Jambalaya recipe that I’ve been using frozen vegetables recently and I’ve done the same in this recipe. I used frozen diced onion and frozen mixed peppers. It makes this dish incredible easy and would highly recommend using frozen prepared vegetables.
Fakeaway: Sweet N Sour chickenCourse: MainsDifficulty: Easy
A delicious healthy twist on a sweet and sour takeaway
2 large chicken breasts
1/2 tbsp olive oil
80g white onion
100g mixed peppers, sliced
150g pineapple chunks
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Rice (to serve)
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook your brown rice according to the packet instructions (this should take 20-25 minutes).
- Heat the olive oil in a wok on a medium heat, then add the onion and pepper. Gently fry for 2-3 minutes then add the chicken breast chunks and cook for a further 5 minutes until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Add the pineapple chunks, the ketchup, sweet chilli sauce and white wine vinegar and stir to combine. If you like it a little more saucier, add more sweet chilli and ketchup in even amounts. Cook for a few minutes until the sauce is hot.
- Serve with the cooked rice (optional)
- Calories stated does not include rice.