These brownies are the best way to show your other half, bestie, gym buddy, family that you love them. Make a batch and share them, they won’t last long!
They are super fudgey, I sometimes like to sandwich two together with extra caramel, like a mini heart brownie, caramel cake!
These lower calorie caramel brownies are an alternative to high fat and sugar brownie without compromising on taste at all!
Caramel browniesCourse: Snacks
3 ripe bananas
120g peanut butter
60g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 tsp baking soda
40g cocoa powder
9 tsp carnation caramel (plus extra for drizzling)
- Pre heat oven to 180°c and line a 20×20 brownie tin with parchment.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas, add the nut butter and sweetener or sugar, then beat really well for a couple of minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Add the salt, baking soda and cocoa powder and mix again until just combined.
- Spoon into prepared tin, then dot 9 tsp caramel into the batter.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes until just cooked through.
- Allow to cool in the tin before removing, then using a heart shape cookie cutter cut into heart shapes.
- Finally drizzle with extra caramel.