After the success of my biscuit brownies last week, I mentioned swopping the lotus biscuits for Oreos and I couldn’t help my self but remake them with an Oreo twist!
Brownies are one of my favourite things to make, they never fail to satisfy my sweet tooth and when healthy swaps can be made, I’m sold! This recipe uses just 7 simple store cupboard ingredients and requires just one bowl, a fork and a spoon! EASY!
I love having a piece of this to look forward to on an afternoon, and it beats any store bought brownie and it’s much more satisfying tucking into a home baked treat too! Let me know if you give them a try by tagging me in your photos @sarahshealthykitchen on Instagram and facebook.
Healthy, fudgey Oreo brownies
2 ripe medium bananas
100g smooth peanut butter
50g soft light brown sugar
1 large egg
35g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
6 oreos, chopped
50g dark chocolate (optional, to drizzle)
- Preheat oven to 160°c. Grease and line brownie tin with parchment.
- Add the bananas to a bowl and mash with a fork until pureed, add the smooth peanut butter and sugar, beat together until really well combined.
- Add the egg and mix again.
- Sieve in the cocoa powder and baking soda and fold until just combined.
- Spoon into prepared tin and spread evenly. Add the chopped Oreos over the top and press into the tin slightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely in the tin before removing from the tin and placing in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
- If using, melt the dark chocolate and drizzle over the whole batch.
- Best stored in the fridge.