These oats squares make the perfect snack. They require no baking and need just 5 simple ingredients
- Peanut butter
- Medjool dates
- Coconut oil
- Dark chocolate
The dates are made into a puree which adds a delicious caramel flavour to the recipe and binds the oats, peanut butter and coconut oil together.
The hardest part of making these is not eating them all in one go. Let me know if you make these by tagging me in Instagram and facebook.
Chocolate & peanut butter oat squares
Peanut caramel squares topped with dark chocolate
75g porridge oats
50g pitted medjool dates
40g coconut oil, melted
60g peanut butter plus 1 tbsp
70g milk or dark chocolate
- Add the oats to a blender and blitz until a fine flour forms.
- Using a high powered food processor add the pitted dates, coconut oil and 60g peanut butter and blitz until smooth.
- Add the oat flour to the food processor and blitz again until fully combined.
- Spoon into a lined loaf tin and press down with a spoon to make it level.
- Break the chocolate up into chunks, add the peanut butter and microwave in small increments until melted.
- Pour over the top of the base and place in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.