I loved creating this vegan brownie recipe using Sweet Freedoms mint choc shot. All Sweet Freedoms syrups are vegan, refined sugar free and are great for baking with. I decided to use the mint syrup in this recipe to give a subtle ‘after eight’ flavour. If you don’t have any Sweet Freedom choc shot then this can easily be substituted for a liquid sweetener of choice, I would suggest maple syrup.
Tag me on socials if you give this one a try!
Vegan chocolate browniesCourse: Desserts, Snacks, Vegan
150g ground almonds
100g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
150ml Sweet Freedom Choc Shot mint*
200ml almond milk
50g almond butter
50g coconut oil
50g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°c and line a small square tin with parchment.
- Melt the coconut oil then add the almond butter and choc shot and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 20mins, until just cooked through.
- Allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes before removing and cutting into 12 pieces.
- *Choc shot can be subbed for maple syrup.