We are in very strange times, I am trying to find some normality whilst being in quarantine at home. One thing that helps me forget my worries is putting music on and baking. I created this recipe to use up 3 over ripe bananas I had and some blueberries that were on the turn. In these times it’s so important to eliminate food waste! I also used Natvia sweetener to help boost the sweetness of the banana. This recipe is great for diabetics and anyone looking for a lower sugar bake!
I used blueberries because thats what needed eating but you can swap these for raisins, chocolate chips, raspberries etc.
I would love to hear off any of you that give this recipe a go, tag me on facebook and instagram!
Banana & blueberry sugar free muffins
3 ripe bananas
50g Nativa sweetner*
70g unsalted butter (dairy free if necessary)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
175g self raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and place 12 muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Mash the bananas with a fork until smooth, then add the melted butter, Natvia and vanilla extract and beat until fully combined.
- Add the self raising flour and baking powder and fold until just mixed.
- Finally fold through the blueberries.
- Split the mixture between the 12 cases and bake for 15 minutes approx.
- *Natvia can swapped for caster sugar