There is a lot of uncertainty and anxiety in the air at the moment. Some people self isolating, other working from home and all of us social distancing. It’s never been more important to practise self-care, through whatever medium suits you. Mine is washing my hair and putting a bit of fake tan on. For others this could be reading, yoga, meditating, gardening. I also think its important to keep ourselves busy and to have a structure to ours days. One activity I will never tire of is baking, it’s something I’ve always loved and enjoy making things up as I go a long and seeing the result.
I wanted to create this recipe so it was easy for everyone to make. When I went food shopping this week there was no eggs and no flour, so this recipe has neither in it! There was, however, lots of jars of Biscoff spread! So that went straight in my basket. You can change Biscoff for any spread you have in stock or would like to use.
I would love to hear if you have made this recipe, please tag me in your creations, and stay safe!
Vegan banana & Biscoff loaf
3 ripe bananas
80g unsalted butter (dairy free)
75g caster sugar
200g oat flour*
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
Pinch of salt
50ml almond milk
150g biscoff spread
- Preheat oven to 180°c and line a loaf pan with greaseproof paper.
- Mash the bananas until puree’d, then add the butter and sugar and beat together.
- Add the oat flour, baking powder, salt and milk and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour half the mixture into the loaf pan, add dollops of biscoff spread over the first layer. Then pour the rest of the mixture over.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- * To make oat flour, simply add rolled oats to a blender and blitz until a fine flour forms.