Coming off of Whole30, I would be lying if I said that dessert doesn’t sound sinfully delicious. Although, I want it to be somewhat “healthy”. Adding zucchini to dessert makes it healthy, right? I think so…I have never attempted to make it though. I am a traditional banana bread gal, and I have no reason not to be since I have the most delicious recipe ever. However, I was determined to try something new and make something tasty. This treat is definitely delicious, to say the least. It might be the moistest loaf “cake” I have ever made. The only thing I think I would change on my second try is adding more cinnamon. I am a cinnamon addict!! So if you are anything like me…add an extra tablespoon..or two..or three. Just kidding, that might be excessive. Two tablespoons should be perfect!
- 2 zucchinis, grated with skin
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt (I used dairy free vanilla yogurt)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1.5 c flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grate zucchinis into bowl. Add remaining liquid ingredients into bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients into the bowl and mix until combined.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.