I am officially on day 26 of Whole30! I am so excited to be done, I cannot even lie to you all. Just a physical update on me: I have not noticed any differences in my skin, but I think that my stomach has been really happy over the past 26 days. I have never really had gut problems or noticed a particular food group that has had a negative effect on my stomach. However, I would have the occasional upset stomach every now and then. I can say that I do not recall having any sort of upset stomach recently, more specifically over the past month, and I would definitely attribute that to this diet. I am not sure why exactly, because like I said earlier, I have never noticed a particular food group affect me. Maybe it is something super specific, like just one ingredient, that my gut doesn’t like. I am super intrigued for the “reintroduction” stage that I will start on Tuesday. Basically, the program tells you to reintroduce food groups a day or two at a time, over the course of ten days. This will allow you to see if a certain group upsets your stomach. I do not foresee this happening to me, but I will let you guys know! Also, I came across a food sensitivity test advertisement on Instagram. I would be super interested in taking one to see if maybe I can figure out if there is a certain ingredient I react to. It’s not cheap though, so maybe in the near future (when I get a job lol)! Any of you taken a food sensitivity test?
Anyways, let’s get down to business and talk dinner! YAY . My favorite meal is definitely dinner. Although, I do get a lot of smack talk about the time I like to eat my dinner — 6:30, LATEST. Sure, call me “grandma” all you want, but I just don’t like eating late. It affects my body negatively and makes my stomach bloat. Because of this, my least favorite thing to do is go to bed on a full stomach. I feel like it’s valid to want to eat early because of how much better it makes me feel!! So to all the haters out there (Nico)…Sorry not sorry! So here are a few of my favorite dinner items:
- Sloppy Joe (featured) I made this for dinner this week
- Salad with Grilled Chicken
- Coconut Milk Tomato Soup
- For the Whole30 ketchup:
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 dates, diced
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar For the Joe:
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs 95% lean ground turkey
- 6-8 sweet potatoes
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Stab sweet potatoes with a fork so they can release steam in the oven. Bake for 45-60 minutes, depending on the size of the potato.
- Combine all ketchup ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir to combine.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour into a blender or leave in the saucepan and use an immersion blender to puree. Set aside.
- Saute onion and bell pepper in a saucepan until onion is translucent.
- Add ground turkey and garlic and cook until no longer pink.
- Stir ketchup into turkey mixture and mix until combined.