Who doesn’t love a good banana bread recipe…I sure know I do. I have never had banana bread better than the one my mom makes. It is so dang good, but definitely not the healthiest. I have tried to make so many variations for banana bread and none of them really satisfied the banana bread itch I had. This recipe actually is the closest to the one my mom makes. It isn’t THE healthiest one I’ve made but it certainly doesn’t have a lot of crappy ingredients. I had some blackberries on hand so decided to throw them into the batter, because why not! They are totally optional and the muffins would still be tasty without them! Even subbing for blueberries would probably be delicious. Whatever floats your banana bread boats people! You do You! As I was taking these photos, my kitten Lola really wanted a bite…so at least we know they are cat verified ;).
Triple B Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/3 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you prefer sweeter)
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1/2 coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp baking soda & powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix to combine. Do not over mix!
- Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray and fill with batter. bake for 12-15 minutes.